468x60 General & Logo

Tom Petty died from accidental drug overdose

Tom Petty, the chart-topping singer and songwriter, died in October from an accidental drug overdose as a result of mixing medications that included opioids, the medical examiner-coroner for the county of Los Angeles announced Friday, ending the mystery surrounding his sudden death last year. The coroner, Jonathan Lucas, said that Petty’s system showed traces of the drugs fentanyl, oxycodone, temazepam, alprazolam, citalopram, acetyl fentanyl and despropionyl fentanyl. Barely a week after Petty, 66, had concluded a tour with his band, the Heartbreakers, with two shows at the Hollywood Bowl, representatives said the singer had suffered cardiac arrest at his home in Malibu on Oct. 2.

Article by By Joe Coscarelli (c) Page One News - Read full story here.